Gear Provided by World T.E.A.M.
To be returned to World T.E.A.M. at the conclusion of the event.
- Basic bike repair kit (includes tubes, tire levers, multitool and pump).
- Rafting equipment and gear.
- Rappelling equipment and gear.
- Camping tent (ranging from two-man to five-man size)
- Sleeping bag and mat.
- Insect repellent.
- Mountain bike, tandem, or off-road hand cycle (must be reserved prior to the event).
- Team t-shirt
- Team gear bag (1 per team) containing:
- Basic First Aid kit (bring your own if you prefer).
- Compass (bring your own if you prefer).
- Safety whistle.
- 1 space blanket.
- Basic rope.
- 2 carabiners.
- 1 roll of duct tape.
- Pack of zip ties.
- 5 sets of ear plugs (you may keep these or bring your own).
Required Gear for Athletes to Bring
- 1 hydration system (70 oz minimum capacity).
- Personal bike helmet (available to borrow upon request).
- Set bike gloves.
- 1 waterproof bag (dry bag, may be heavy duty garbage bag or similar).
- Headlamp/lantern/flashlight with extra batteries.
- Waterproof outer jacket or shell.
- Layers (that you can remove or add according to the air temperature).
- Extra shoes and socks (these will get wet during the competition).
- Arm and leg warmers.
- Hat or visor.
- Warm winter coat and hat for evenings at camp.
- Sunscreen (World T.E.A.M. has a limited amount).
- Travel toiletries.
- Any required personal medications.
Recommended Additional Gear
Bring with you if desired.
- Cotton sleeping bag liner.
- Travel pillow.
- Noise-cancelling headphones.
- Air mattress.
- Bath towel and wash cloth.
- Extra emergency space blanket.
- Quarters to operate pay showers at Rancho ($2 per shower).
- Magnifying lens or reading glasses for map reading.
- Clearly identify all personal gear.
- Consider wearing a long-sleeve shirt to provide protection from the sun during competition.
- Early September weather in Colorado’s mountains can be variable – pay close attention to conditions. Bring warm clothing, particularly for evenings. Rain gear may be useful for afternoon thundershowers.
- Use nail polish removal and a cotton ball to remove writing from the Ziploc bag holding your course map.