Supporting Our Cause
Fundraising through Face of America not only supports our mission for serving our military adaptive athletes at this program, but also remains the single largest fundraising event for World T.E.A.M. Without the support of our generous donors and sponsors, World T.E.A.M. would not be able to operate and carryout our mission of inclusion to the hundreds of athletes year round through our various programs.
Registration Fees and Fundraising Commitment Levels
- Adaptive Athlete: $35 Registration Fee / $250 Fundraising Commitment (current waitlist)
- Standard: $70 Registration Fee / $950 Fundraising Commitment
- Standard Pair: $70 Registration Fee / $1,800 Fundraising Commitment (between two athletes)
- Chairman’s Club: $70 Registration Fee / $2,000 Fundraising Commitment
- Chairman’s Club Pair: $70 Registration Fee / $3,800 Fundraising Commitment (between two athletes)
- Youth: $70 Registration Fee / $400 Fundraising Commitment
- Virtual Rider: $0 Registration Fee/ $250 Fundraising Goal (to receive jersey)
You can save on registration fee by becoming a World T.E.A.M. Member!
- Adaptive Athlete Membership: $5
- Standard Membership and higher: $10
Raise Funds with Confidence
- Personalize your fundraising page. All participants are encouraged to update their Face of America Gettysburg fundraising page with personal content. Post your favorite photograph, link to videos and update your promotional text so the page will be your own. Be sure to include in your page your personal reasons for participating. Emotionally connecting with your potential donors will encourage them to feel a need to make a donation supporting your participation. Your User Center also is functional, allowing you to send email messages to uploaded personal contacts with a direct link to your page for potential donations.
- Get social. The best way to engage with your network is by using Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other social media to post personal appeals to friends, family and colleagues. You can use the forms, art and materials available for free download from our Fundraising Toolbox.
- Take advantage of corporate matching gifts. If you are an employee of a larger company, check with your human resources office to see if you are eligible for a corporate matching gift. Many corporations offer such financial assistance for non-profit participation, use our database to search companies that match. Notification of pending matching gifts and supporting documentation requests should be sent to World T.E.A.M. by email notice.
Tools and Documents
Upgrade to Chairmans Club
Chairman’s Club $2,000 participants receive our Face of America cycling shorts and admission to our Chairman’s VIP Reception at the Hyatt Regency in Arlington on Friday, April 22.
Meeting Your Commitment
- Personally meet your commitment. Each participant is individually responsible for meeting or exceeding their personal fundraising commitment. Participants are not permitted to share raised funds with other event participants, even with members of their own team.
- Team assistance can help with commitments. Team captains at their discretion may reassign funds received as general team donations to specific team members. This transfer process begins on April 1, and continues through April 15 2022. To transfer team funds, the team captain should send an email message to World T.E.A.M. This email must note which team members are to receive the funds and which general team donation or donations should be reassigned.
- Using Facebook to raise funds. Facebook’s suggested donate button option – this provides donations to Facebook’s Network for Good non-profit organization, which in turn mails donation checks anonymously to World T.E.A.M. six to eight weeks after the donation. If you use the Facebook donate button, we ask participants to provide a listing of your donations, including the donor name, the amount, and the date. Submitted lists will allow our team to match anonymous donations to fundraising accounts.
- Meet or exceed your commitment before the charge deadline. Each registered participant must meet or exceed their fundraising commitment by Friday, April 15. Accomplish this by using the group email tool provided in your User Center; by using Facebook and other social media to post personal appeals to friends, family and colleagues; and by using forms, art and materials available for free download from our Fundraising Toolbox. Within a few days of the Charge Date, autocharges to credit card accounts will be processed for the remaining amount necessary to reach commitment.
- Refunds for autocharges. If you miss the fundraising deadline and your account is autocharged, you can request a reimbursement. This reimbursement can cover any additional funds you have raised and applied to your account following the Charge Date. The maximum reimbursement is the amount charged to your credit account. To take advantage of this reimbursement, send by email message your emailed credit charge acknowledgment receipt and a list of your qualifying donors and amounts received and added to your account after April 15. The deadline for receiving reimbursement email requests is Monday, May 23.
Submit Paper Checks from Donors for Credit
Mail all paper checks received from supporters to World T.E.A.M.’s finance office in Holbrook, New York. All checks must be received no later than April 11 to be added before the fundraising deadline. When mailing, please include a note as to which fundraising account should be credited. Alternatively, you may download, print and complete our PDF-format mailed check form to include with your check.
Face of America
4250 Veterans Memorial Hwy, Ste 420E
Holbrook NY 11741-4020
Please note that checks are processed by our finance office in batches, and only twice weekly. So, please allow up to three weeks for processing and adding to your online fundraising page. Once the checks are entered, and are posted, you will receive an automated email listing the donation. Donors receive emailed acknowledgements only when they include an email address with their donation. Our non-profit organization mails acknowledgement letters for our larger donations, $250 or more.