Shipping your bike
We HIGHLY advise adaptive athletes to fly with their personal bike with them during air travel. Many airlines permit this at no additional cost. Download and read our free PDF-format Air Travel Guidelines, providing helpful information about traveling by air with your bicycle or handcycle. Please contact Rob Cant for further detail.
World T.E.A.M. has partnered with BikeFlights to provide for secure shipping of bikes to and from Face of America for all athletes traveling by air.
With BikeFlights, athletes can pack and ship their bikes using a local bike shop in their community, then pick up their bike at the host hotel in Arlington. The host hotel can then ship the bike back home following the event.
Find a local bike shop to ship your bike and one at your destination city to pick up your bike. Many bike shops will disassemble your bike and pack it, then reassemble it when it arrives. Note that your shop will need to be available to deliver your bike to your host hotel, and then pick it up following the event conclusion for shipping home – this is your responsibility to arrange.
Order a shipping box or case from the BikeFlights store. Learn more about properly packing a bike to protect it from damage during shipping.
Renting Your Bike
- We partner with Big Wheel Bikes in Arlington to provide rental bikes for FOA participants. We take care of the pickup and delivery so your bike will be waiting for you at check-in and you can hand it off at the finish on Sunday.
- You can reserve a road, hybrid, or e-bike on their website. Big Wheel has generously offered to waive Friday’s rental charge, so just reserve your bike for Saturday and Sunday (4/20-4/21) but still get it Friday!
- Under “Anything Else We Should Know?” please put “Face of America – Pick Up by World TEAM.” Make sure you are renting from their Arlington location.
- After reserving, please forward your confirmation to email@example.com.
- Adaptive athletes in need of a rental will be provided one at no charge. If you would like to request a bike but did not receive an email this morning, please contact Rob Cant or fill out this form.