Together with our Board of Directors and medical professionals, we are continuing to monitor the COVID-19 situation, evaluating risks, and reviewing Public Health guidance. Some adjustments for FOA 2021 include:
- Friday registration as well as the Kickoff Celebration will be held outdoors under tents adjacent to the Hyatt Regency Crystal City
- Disposable masks and sanitizer will be available at registration, start lines, finish lines, and rest stops as well as in support vehicles
- Each rider and volunteer will receive a long breathable polyester sport neck gaiter
- Masks are highly encouraged indoors and at rest stops and at other places of congregation
- Extra shuttles and buses will be provided to ensure greater social distancing
- All staff and volunteers will be required to be vaccinated or provide a negative COVID-19 (PCR) test result within 72 hours of the event.
We will enable individuals to keep safe distances in line with their personal preferences, and still put on a fantastic World T.E.A.M. inclusive event. This guidance is expected to evolve as we approach October, so please bookmark the page to remain updated.
We understand the current situation regarding COVID-19 is fluid and are working to ensure the safety of our staff, volunteers and riders. We are coordinating closely with local health officials to ensure we are following public health guidelines. We are still waiting for clarification on capacity and other limits. There will also be changes implemented to allow for social distance and rider safety.
- Registration is currently limited to 250 riders. We will continue to expand this amount once restrictions change.
- Friday night dinner is under review and will be communicated once our final plan is made.
World T.E.A.M will provide ongoing communication to all participants and volunteers on our working plan as it evolves.